I was 38 years old…
when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Bowel Cancer. When I was told about it, in that exact moment, my world stopped… I froze with fear, sadness and I couldn’t even begin to start thinking about how my life was going to be from that moment on. After spending a couple of weeks in a really dark place, I gathered some strength from inside my physical and mental body to tackle what it was the biggest challenge of my life. As my cancer was in the Bowel, I started questioning everything I ate. I realised that whatever I had been eating clearly didn’t work for me. I start reading books and step by step I started seeing food through different lenses. Food became part of my medicine cabinet, one of the most important tools I could use to create a healthier body. For me it was about getting as close as I could to nature, eating things that I knew where they came from, things that were alive as this was my exact focus: being and staying alive.
This is my why...
Needless to say I become super passionate about my journey, what I went through was powerful in a positive way. I feel I rebuilt a relationship with myself. I feel I walked back to myself. My physical, mental and spiritual health became my focus and with small shifts I was able to create massive impact in all areas of my life.
As I re-entered normal life, I found people were suffering physically, mentally with things that they got used to, things that they accepted as their new reality.
I saw people were accepting bad health physically and emotionally. As a result of that I watched people accepting a mediocre life while they were running on an automatic pilot.
But I couldn’t accept cancer, chemotherapy, living with a chronic disease and having poor quality of life as the definition of my new future. I kept reading more, researching more…
Wanna know how you can work with me?
Disclaimer: The content of this website is based on Angelica Alen’s personal research and experience only. The information is presented for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any medical or psychological condition, nor to prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any health condition. The information in this website is not intended to replace a one-to-one relationship with a doctor or qualified healthcare professional. Therefore, this information is not intended as medical advice, but rather a sharing of knowledge and information based on Angelica Alen’s research and experience. Angelica Alen encourages you to make your own health care decisions based on your judgment and research in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
- Stress kills…Ouch! That is an overreaction isn’t it? When you have a stressful reaction and the stress hormones get activated. It stays in your body for 5 hours and it shuts down your immune system for 5 hours… Yeap…5 hours… No immune system… no soldiers to fight anything that comes your way…. When I realised that […]
- Do you feel burned out?Burnout is a physical or mental collapse, usually caused by massive stress and overwork – in an effort to work more and better, you actually ruin your ability to work at all. We never think it is going to happen to us. Especially if you are a doer and used to be independent, doing life […]
- 𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗖𝗔𝗡’𝗧 𝗢𝗨𝗧𝗦𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗖𝗘 𝗣𝗛𝗬𝗦𝗜𝗖𝗔𝗟 𝗢𝗥 𝗘𝗠𝗢𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗟 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚Don’t want to hear that huh? 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙨 𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙗𝙮 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙊𝙉𝙇𝙔… There are definitely complementary things you can do to support health… But expecting people to do the work for you is only an ILLUSION… You might think it is a “rich statement” coming from someone who has had 12 sessions of chemo right? Well […]
- Are you coachable?I spent many years in my life thinking I knew it all… Until I was forced to see that I didn’t… 𝙈𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙… 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙛𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙨𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙘𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙮 𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙚… 𝘿𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣 𝙄 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙩 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙡𝙤𝙨𝙩…. 𝙄 𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙣’𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙟𝙤𝙮𝙊𝙧 𝙛𝙚𝙡𝙩 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 […]
- 𝗗𝗢𝗡’𝗧 𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗔𝗧𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗢𝗪𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗙 𝗦𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗣𝗦We want it allthe best body… all the money in the world… the best partner… the most well-behaved kids… the most successful business… But we want it now… The person in the picture has gone through… Ectopic pregnancy emergency surgery 2 C-sections Stage 3 bowel cancer surgery 12 sessions of chemotherapy Partial Hysterectomy But 2.5 […]