Do you feel exhausted all the time?
Have you lost track when was last time you did something for yourself?
Do you wanna know how you can create more balance in your lifestyle?
Do you feel something need to change in your life but don’t know where to start and what to do?
Do you feel you haven’t been yourself?
I was 38 years old…
when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Bowel Cancer. When I was told about it, in that exact moment, my world stopped… I froze with fear, sadness and I couldn’t even begin to start thinking about how my life was going to be from that moment on. After spending a couple of weeks in a really dark place, I gathered some strength from inside my physical and mental body to tackle what it was the biggest challenge of my life. As my cancer was in the Bowel, I started questioning everything I ate to begin with as whatever I was doing clearly didn’t work for me. I start reading books and step by step I started seeing food through different lenses. Food became part of my medicine cabinet, one of the most important tools I could use to create a healthier body. For me it was about getting as close as I could to nature, eating things that I knew where they came from, things that were alive as this was my exact focus: being and staying alive.
Then I came across all the research around exercise, cancer,chronic diseases and exercise as tool to create health within our physical and mental bodies. I had already started walking but I knew I needed to do more so again slowly, at baby steps, I added exercise to my daily routine. On my worst days, I would drag my self for a walk around the block…on my best days, I would ride my bike outside or inside (on a wind trainer), work on some resistance training(at home) but the best thing I did was yoga. I found a Youtube channel that I liked, that I felt connected to and I practiced yoga as much as I could at home.
My body started to feel stronger even though I was being hammered by chemotherapy every 2-3 weeks. I carried on reading about the body, the mind, the whole body mind connection. I was searching for ways to get back into balance, to help my body to heal.
This is my why…
Needless to say I become super passionate about my journey, what I went through was powerful in a positive way. I feel I rebuilt a relationship with myself. I feel I walked back to myself. I am not claiming perfection here by any means. My physical, mental and spiritual health became my focus and with tiny shifts I was able to create massive impact in all areas of my life.
As I re-entered normal life, I found people suffering physically, mentally with things that they got used to, things that they accepted as their new reality.
But I couldn’t accept cancer, chemotherapy, living with a chronic disease and having poor quality of life as the definition of my new future. I kept reading more, researching more…
I believe anyone can overcome anything if they truly believe in it, if they truly want it. If you focus to change something that is causing you pain and suffering whether it is physical or mental, you can change things. But it all comes down to each individual…it comes down to discipline…determination and I must say some hard work too.
As our lives become busier and our minds get bombarded with information, social media pressures, technology, material stuff that we don’t need…and the list goes on…we are becoming more and more disconnected to ourselves, to nature, to God (or any spirituality of any kind).
And on that journey, we are forgetting about the only thing that really matters: our physical and mental health, the connection to our inner self and anything beyond that. We are putting everything first but ourselves and we are getting sicker and unhappier.
My mission is now to empower people to walk back to themselves, to make the connection to themselves again, to rebuild a healthy and happy life inside out.
I am not a doctor, or a health practitioner of any kind but I am a doer. I read many books, I listened to podcast, youtube videos. I didn’t stop researching and learning(and still do). I didn’t just settle for surviving during chemotherapy, I got stronger in each session. I felt my body was healing. I worked really hard at it, every day, day in and day out. I am not saying I didn’t have any bad days because I did but most importantly I didn’t sit still. I took this opportunity to work on the things that didn’t serve my body and mind anymore. I focussed on my why’s, I wanted to live for myself, for my kids, for the person who I wanted to be, for the things I wanted to live for and feel. There wasn’t anything that deviated me from my purpose. I stuck with it. So if I can do it, I believe you can do it too and my mission is to help you to get there.
Don’t wait any longer! If you are still reading, it is because you feel you need to change something…you need to look after your health…take the next step to create a healing, a healthy life. It is possible and it doesn’t need to be hard. This is your life and this is real! You only get one shot at this….don’t waste it!
Get in Touch
Tarragindi – Brisbane
+61 (0) 481 781 413
Disclaimer: The content of this website is based on Angelica Alen’s personal research and experience only. The information is presented for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any medical or psychological condition, nor to prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any health condition. The information in this website is not intended to replace a one-to-one relationship with a doctor or qualified healthcare professional. Therefore, this information is not intended as medical advice, but rather a sharing of knowledge and information based on Angelica Alen’s research and experience. Angelica Alen encourages you to make your own health care decisions based on your judgment and research in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
Send me a Message
- Taking personal responsibility…I think this is a year of self-responsibility. We have been facing things that are putting us in a very uncomfortable seat and we don’t know how to deal with any of it. We started the year having to face that we as a whole are scared to leave our houses because of something we […]
- Is it really possible to have less stress?It is a powerful exercise to observe what things/people/situations trigger us to become stressed, to feel stressed. For me I noticed that “worry” was a big part of my stress… Before cancer, I worried about what would happen at work if I had a meeting with someone who I didn’t shared many common interests with…I […]
- How do we change our own behaviours?Leading to my cancer diagnosis – when I say leading I mean a whole year previous to my cancer treatment, I was:👎Exhausted beyond I had ever been – even when I was breastfeeding my kids, I wasn’t as exhausted👎My hair was falling like crazy and it was very thin👎Iron deficient👎Not present with my family as […]
- How much stress do you put yourself under each day?I am not sure if you have ever really asked this question to yourself but truth is we all accept that living a stressful life is just what we do these days….and it is normal… Reality is we accept this new normal without thinking what it actually means to us day to day…what it means […]
- Are you being adaptable?I grew up with my dad always saying: human beings can adapt to anything, any conditions, any situation. Being an immigrant who arrived in Brazil when he was 5 years old, I guess he had experienced himself the need to adapt to a different country, reality, climate, food etc. As I started my cancer treatment, […]