Do you feel exhausted all the time?
Have you lost track when was last time you did something for yourself?
Do you wanna know how you can create more balance in your lifestyle?
Do you feel something need to change in your life but don’t know where to start and what to do?
Do you feel you haven’t been yourself?
I was 38 years old…
when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Bowel Cancer. When I was told about it, in that exact moment, my world stopped… I froze with fear, sadness and I couldn’t even begin to start thinking about how my life was going to be from that moment on. After spending a couple of weeks in a really dark place, I gathered some strength from inside my physical and mental body to tackle what it was the biggest challenge of my life. As my cancer was in the Bowel, I started questioning everything I ate to begin with as whatever I was doing clearly didn’t work for me. I start reading books and step by step I started seeing food through different lenses. Food became part of my medicine cabinet, one of the most important tools I could use to create a healthier body. For me it was about getting as close as I could to nature, eating things that I knew where they came from, things that were alive as this was my exact focus: being and staying alive.
This is my why…
Needless to say I become super passionate about my journey, what I went through was powerful in a positive way. I feel I rebuilt a relationship with myself. I feel I walked back to myself. I am not claiming perfection here by any means. My physical, mental and spiritual health became my focus and with tiny shifts I was able to create massive impact in all areas of my life.
As I re-entered normal life, I found people suffering physically, mentally with things that they got used to, things that they accepted as their new reality.
But I couldn’t accept cancer, chemotherapy, living with a chronic disease and having poor quality of life as the definition of my new future. I kept reading more, researching more…
Wanna know how you can work with me?
Tarragindi – Brisbane
+61 (0) 481 781 413
Disclaimer: The content of this website is based on Angelica Alen’s personal research and experience only. The information is presented for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any medical or psychological condition, nor to prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any health condition. The information in this website is not intended to replace a one-to-one relationship with a doctor or qualified healthcare professional. Therefore, this information is not intended as medical advice, but rather a sharing of knowledge and information based on Angelica Alen’s research and experience. Angelica Alen encourages you to make your own health care decisions based on your judgment and research in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
- I went through every piece in my life and picked it a part…After my cancer diagnosis at 38 years old, I knew I needed to act quickly…I needed to change every aspect of my life if I wanted to live a long life. Turning up to chemotherapy wasn’t going to cut the mustard…I needed to do a lot more than that… Cancer recurrence is real…and after you […]
- Taking personal responsibility…I think this is a year of self-responsibility. We have been facing things that are putting us in a very uncomfortable seat and we don’t know how to deal with any of it. We started the year having to face that we as a whole are scared to leave our houses because of something we […]
- Is it really possible to have less stress?It is a powerful exercise to observe what things/people/situations trigger us to become stressed, to feel stressed. For me I noticed that “worry” was a big part of my stress… Before cancer, I worried about what would happen at work if I had a meeting with someone who I didn’t shared many common interests with…I […]
- How do we change our own behaviours?Leading to my cancer diagnosis – when I say leading I mean a whole year previous to my cancer treatment, I was:👎Exhausted beyond I had ever been – even when I was breastfeeding my kids, I wasn’t as exhausted👎My hair was falling like crazy and it was very thin👎Iron deficient👎Not present with my family as […]
- How much stress do you put yourself under each day?I am not sure if you have ever really asked this question to yourself but truth is we all accept that living a stressful life is just what we do these days….and it is normal… Reality is we accept this new normal without thinking what it actually means to us day to day…what it means […]