I was 38 years old…
when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Bowel Cancer. When I was told about it, in that exact moment, my world stopped… I froze with fear, sadness and I couldn’t even begin to start thinking about how my life was going to be from that moment on. After spending a couple of weeks in a really dark place, I gathered some strength from inside my physical and mental body to tackle what it was the biggest challenge of my life. As my cancer was in the Bowel, I started questioning everything I ate. I realised that whatever I had been eating clearly didn’t work for me. I start reading books and step by step I started seeing food through different lenses. Food became part of my medicine cabinet, one of the most important tools I could use to create a healthier body. For me it was about getting as close as I could to nature, eating things that I knew where they came from, things that were alive as this was my exact focus: being and staying alive.
This is my why...
Needless to say I become super passionate about my journey, what I went through was powerful in a positive way. I feel I rebuilt a relationship with myself. I feel I walked back to myself. My physical, mental and spiritual health became my focus and with small shifts I was able to create massive impact in all areas of my life.
As I re-entered normal life, I found people were suffering physically, mentally with things that they got used to, things that they accepted as their new reality.
I saw people were accepting bad health physically and emotionally. As a result of that I watched people accepting a mediocre life while they were running on an automatic pilot.
But I couldn’t accept cancer, chemotherapy, living with a chronic disease and having poor quality of life as the definition of my new future. I kept reading more, researching more…
Wanna know how you can work with me?
Disclaimer: The content of this website is based on Angelica Alen’s personal research and experience only. The information is presented for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any medical or psychological condition, nor to prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any health condition. The information in this website is not intended to replace a one-to-one relationship with a doctor or qualified healthcare professional. Therefore, this information is not intended as medical advice, but rather a sharing of knowledge and information based on Angelica Alen’s research and experience. Angelica Alen encourages you to make your own health care decisions based on your judgment and research in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
- 𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐡𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧I remember the fist time I felt the stress in my body…I was about to receive chemo and I had gone through a stressful encounter with people who I care about.As I came home I felt the stress hormones running through my body for days…It was my worst chemo session….I felt exhausted…For the first time […]
- Please STOP thinking you are special….I remember thinking before cancer… Why does my life need to be so hard? Why do I get the worse of it all? When I opened myself to the answer… It was hard to admit that…. My life hadn’t been hard at all… Everyone goes through S*** I […]
- I received a powerpoint presentation from my friend who died of cancer last week…I talked about a friend whom I met through cancer… 3 years ago we were going through treatment together… Her cancer came back after a year… More treatment… then it came back again a few months ago and a “3 months left” chat was given…. I feel sick to my stomach to think how people […]
- I was a screaming mum…I come from a culture where screaming at your kids was totally ok so despite all my efforts of being a different parent than my parents were, the screaming became a pattern… When I embodied the old Angelica before cancer, I was: A hot tempered mum With a very short fuse What I didn’t realise […]
- Redefine what it is possible…𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱… To participate on a cancer research study to improve your recovery and outcomes after cancer with exercise… The university called me to ask if I had been doing any exercise since cancer treatment… I told them what I did during chemo and what I have been doing since then. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝘄𝗮𝘀 […]