Do you feel exhausted all the time?
Have you lost track when was last time you did something for yourself?
Do you wanna know how you can create more balance in your lifestyle?
Do you feel something need to change in your life but don’t know where to start and what to do?
Do you feel you haven’t been yourself?
I was 38 years old…
when I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Bowel Cancer. When I was told about it, in that exact moment, my world stopped… I froze with fear, sadness and I couldn’t even begin to start thinking about how my life was going to be from that moment on. After spending a couple of weeks in a really dark place, I gathered some strength from inside my physical and mental body to tackle what it was the biggest challenge of my life. As my cancer was in the Bowel, I started questioning everything I ate to begin with as whatever I was doing clearly didn’t work for me. I start reading books and step by step I started seeing food through different lenses. Food became part of my medicine cabinet, one of the most important tools I could use to create a healthier body. For me it was about getting as close as I could to nature, eating things that I knew where they came from, things that were alive as this was my exact focus: being and staying alive.
This is my why...
Needless to say I become super passionate about my journey, what I went through was powerful in a positive way. I feel I rebuilt a relationship with myself. I feel I walked back to myself. I am not claiming perfection here by any means. My physical, mental and spiritual health became my focus and with tiny shifts I was able to create massive impact in all areas of my life.
As I re-entered normal life, I found people suffering physically, mentally with things that they got used to, things that they accepted as their new reality.
But I couldn’t accept cancer, chemotherapy, living with a chronic disease and having poor quality of life as the definition of my new future. I kept reading more, researching more…
Wanna know how you can work with me?
Tarragindi – Brisbane
+61 (0) 481 781 413
Disclaimer: The content of this website is based on Angelica Alen’s personal research and experience only. The information is presented for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or prescribe for any medical or psychological condition, nor to prevent, treat, mitigate or cure any health condition. The information in this website is not intended to replace a one-to-one relationship with a doctor or qualified healthcare professional. Therefore, this information is not intended as medical advice, but rather a sharing of knowledge and information based on Angelica Alen’s research and experience. Angelica Alen encourages you to make your own health care decisions based on your judgment and research in partnership with a qualified healthcare professional.
- What are you doing about your health?Today I had to go to the hospital… To have a blood test as next week I am going to see my oncologist… When I got to hospital, it is hard for me not to remember where I have been… As I see people showing their sickness in the way they walk, how their facial […]
- Why suffer?About 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Bowel Cancer… I thought I had everything under control… I thought I could handle everything…the stress…the day to day hustle that a working mum has to do… I also thought nothing bad was ever going to happen to me…. I chose to keep eating and […]
- Feeling overwhelmed? I have a solution…I woke up this morning and had a moment of clarity, a sign from the universe, a decision made for me delivered on a platter… But before I tell you what that was…. I want to give you a little bit of a background… In the last couple of weeks, I investigated, made a decision […]
- Why showing up for yourself is the most important step to take?The concept of showing up to ourselves can seem like an illusion… We live such busy lives…we go from one task to another, one place to another until we collapse on the sofa exhausted each night… How can we change that? How can we find balance? How can we start living differently? I have found […]
- Why I forgave…Yesterday as I was listening to one of my tutors (by the way he is a conventional doctor, an integrative doctor, an acunpuncturist, a homeopath) … He was talking about how some of his patients would come in to his office with an illness, a serious illness but when he asked them if they prefered […]